- 123 HP OJPRO 6230 Printer Setup
- HP Officejet Pro Troubleshooting
- 123 HP Wireless Setup
- 123 HP Officejet Pro Wireless Setup
- 123 HP OJPro Scan to Computer
123 HP OJPro 6230 – Solving Printer Problems
Print Quality Troubleshooting
- Ensure that you are using original HP ink cartridge. The HP cartridges are tested with HP printers and are capable of producing best results.
- Check for the ink levels. Sometimes, the cartridges may not have sufficient ink.
- Make sure that the paper loaded in the input tray is not too thick or wrinkled.
- Check the type of paper you have inserted. It is advisable to your HP papers for best results. Using other papers are welcome, but it might not provide the desired result as it does when you are using HP papers.
- Click the button that opens the Properties menu and check the print settings. Depending on the software application you use, Properties can also be called as Options, Printer Setup, Printer Properties, Printer or Preferences. Change the print settings listed in the dialog box, according to your need.
- After checking and making necessary changes, print and analyse a print quality report.
How to print a print quality report?
- Slide your fingers across the printer’s control panel screen and then tap on the Setup option.
- From the list of options available, select Print Reports.
- To print a quality report, choose Print Quality Report option.
123 HP OJPro 6230 – Solve Copy Problems
When copies are blank or faded
- There is a high chance that the contrast setting can be set to Light. Tap on Copy on the printer’s control panel display screen and then select Settings. According to your need, select Light/Darker and then use the arrows to specify the level of darkness/lightness.
- If you have set the quality setting as Fast, it might be responsible for the missing or faded documents. Change the Setting to Normal or Best.
- If the contrast is set as too light, then the printed copy may be blank. Select Copy from the printer’s control panel display screen and then choose Settings. Touch either Lighter/Darker and use the arrows to determine the level of lightness or darkness.
When the size is reduced
- When you are copying a document, make sure you check the copy settings and set the setting to normal size.
- Sometimes, the HP software setting may be set to reduce the size of the scanned image. Check the setting and change it if needed.
- If your scanner glass is dirty, it might reduce the size of the scanned image. Clean the scanner glass before the copy job commences.
- The page of size of the document may be larger than the one that is loaded.
When copy quality is poor
- Check your HP printer if the scanner lid is closed properly. Both the scanner glass and the automatic document feeder needs to cleaned once in a while to remove off dust and dirt.
- If the output has unnecessary lines, then check the scanner glass for any dirt.
- If your copy is skewed or slanted, make sure that the automatic feeder is not full and the width-guides do not hold the paper too tightly.
- If you notice any horizontal grainy or white bands in light-gray to medium-gray areas, then it is possible that the default enhancement setting may not suit the needs. Change the settings and try printing.
123 HP OJPro 6230 – Solve Scan Problems
When the scanner did nothing
- Ensure that the original document is loaded properly.
- If your Sleep mode is just wearing, then it might take time for the printer to start its job.
- Ensure that the HP software you have installed is proper. If not, uninstall the software and visit our site to download the latest software and drivers.
When the scan takes too long
If you have set the printer to scan in high resolution, it is entitled to take longer and the result will be a larger file size. The lower the resolution, the lesser the time taken to scan.
When part of the document did not scan or text is missing
- Make sure that the original document is loaded properly. Also, if you have scanned your document from the automatic document feeder, try scanning it for the scanner glass.
- Also, keep in mind that color backgrounds might cause the foreground and background images to blend. So, adjust the scan settings before the scan job begins.
- Check if the input paper size is large enough to occupy the original that is being scanned.
- Sometimes, the printer is automatically set to perform a specific task. Check the setting and change according to your need.
When scanned image quality is poor
- If the original paper is too thin or transparent, then there are chances that the text or image can bleed on to the other side.
- If you see unwanted lines on the scanned document, clean the scanner glass and look for ink, glue, unwanted substance and correction fluid.
- If the scanned image is crooked, check if the original is loaded properly.
- If the scanned image shows blots, lines, white vertical stripes or unwanted lines, then the scanner glass is dirty. Clean the scanner glass. If you still encounter the problem, then the original document may have defects.
- If the image size is reduced, then the printer software settings may be set to reduce the quality.
When text cannot be edited
- Check if OCR has been installed in your HP Officejet Pro printer.
- Perform one of the following tasks based on the operating system you use.
- Windows 8: Start – – > app bar – – > All apps – – > Printer name – – > Utilities – – > Printer Setup & Software – – > Add more software – – > Customize Software Selection – – > OCR.
- Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP: Start – – > All Programs – – > HP – – > printer name – – > Printer Setup & Software – -> Add more software – – > Customize Software Selection – – > OCR.
- If you have installed the HP software on your Macintosh, then the OCR software might not be installed. To install it, insert the software CD that came with your printer, and click on the HP installer icon on the printer software.
- The document type you have selection should be editable text. It is is classified as graphic, it cannot be converted to text.
- Check where the original document is placed. When the document is scanned as an editable text from ADF, the original must placed in the automatic document feeder. If the document is scanned from the scanner glass, then the original must placed on the scanner glass print side down.
- The original document should have good image quality.
- It is to be noted that colored backgrounds can cause distortion in the scanned image.
When you are unable to scan to network folder
- Ensure that the computer where the network folder is stored is switched on and connected to the network.
- The folder you have created should be on the server.
- The users should be able to read and write the contents of the folder. If you are using an Apple desktop, SMB sharing should be enabled.
- The folder name should use only letters or characters that are supported by the operating system.
- The folder name should be in the correct format.
- Valid username and password should be entered.
- The server in which the folder has been created should have free disk space.
- If you have scanned many files to a particular folder, you can change the prefix. The printer can create to 9,999 files using the same name with different prefix and suffix.