- 123 HP OJPRO 8730 Working with trays
- 123 HP Wireless Setup
- 123 HP All in One Printer
- 123 HP Officejet Pro Wireless Setup
- HP OJPro Driver Install
- 123 HP OJPro Scan to Computer
123 HP OJPro 8730 – WORK WITH TRAYS
How to change tray settings?
- Ensure that your HP printer is switched on.
- Also, cross check if you have switched on the automatic selection of paper source.
- Slide your fingers across the control panel and then select Setup option by scrolling through the functions.
- Now, tap on Tray Setup followed by Default Tray or Tray Lock.
- Change the appropriate settings and return to the Home screen.
How to switch on automatic selection of tray or paper source (Windows)?
- Perform any one of the following tasks, based on the operating system you use.
- Windows 8: Start – – > Control Panel – – > View Devices and Printers – – > Printer icon – – > Printing Preferences.
- Windows 7: Start – – > Devices and Printers – – >printer icon – – >Printing preferences – – > Printer name.
- Windows Vista and Windows XP: Start – – > Printers or Printer and Faxes – – > Printer icon – – > Printing preferences.
- In the newly opened tab, choose Paper/Quality option.
- From the Paper Source drop-down list in the Tray Selection area, touch Printer Auto Select.
- Click on OK twice to accept the change and close it.
How to switch on automatic selection of tray or paper source (OS X)?
- Open the File menu and then choose Print.
- Select your printer if it is not selected already.
- From the Source drop down list, choose Automatically Select.
If you do not see the option on the Print dialog, do the following.
- OS X v10.6: To access the print options, click on the blue triangle that lies next to the Printer selection option.
- OS X Lion and Mountain Lion: Select Show Details to get an access to the print options.
CLEAN THE SCANNER GLASS
If there is a dust or dirt on the scanner glass, it can slow down the printers performance by degrading the quality of scans.
How to clean the scanner glass?
- Press the Power button and switch off the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall socket.
- Lift the scanner glass.
- Clean the scanner glass using a soft cloth by spraying a glass cleaner on it.
- Close the scanner lid, connect the power cord and then switch on the printer.
CLEAN THE AUTOMATIC DOCUMENT FEEDER
If the automatic document feed does not pick up any paper or picks up multiple pages at once, clean the rollers and the separator pad.
How to clean the rollers or separator pad?
- Press the Power button to switch off the printer.
- Unplug the cord from the wall socket.
- Remove the originals placed on to the document feeder tray.
- Lift the automatic document feeder cover which will provide access to the roller and separator pad.
- Use distilled water and lint-free cloth to clean the roller and separator pad.
- Ensure that there is no residue on the roller and separator pad.
- After cleaning, close the lid of automatic document feeder.
123 HP OJPro 8730 – PRINT
How to print from software (Windows)?
- Place a stack of paper in the input tray.
- Open your printer software and then click on Print.
- Select the printer you want to use.
- Choose the button that will open the Properties dialog box. (Properties might also be called as Options, Printer Setup, Printer Properties, Printer or Preferences.)
- Go to the Layout tab to choose Portrait or Landscape orientation.
- From the Paper/Quality tab, choose the paper type and the print quality you want.
- In the Paper/Output area, choose the Advanced option and then select the paper size in the Paper Size drop-down.
- Now, click Ok to come out of the Properties dialog bix,
- Select Print or OK to start the print job.
How to print software (OS X)?
- Place plain paper in the input tray.
- Click on Print option from the File menu.
- Select your printer if you haven’t selected it already.
- Mention the page properties.
- OS X v10.6: Select the blue triangle next to the Printer access. Now, you can access the print options.
- OS X Lion and Mountain Lion: Tap on Show Details to check the print options.
- Select the paper size.
- Choose the orientation.
- Mention the scaling percentage.
- Touch Print.
123 HP OJPro 8730 – Update the Printer
How to update the printer using printer’s control panel?
- Go to the printer’s control panel display screen and tap on HP ePrint.
- Click on OK and then touch Settings followed by Printer Update.
- Tap on Check for Product Update and then follow the instructions displayed on screen.
How to enable the printer to automatically check for updates?
- Touch the HP ePrint option from the printer’s control panel display screen. Click OK.
- Select Settings and then choose Printer Update.
- From the list of options available, click on Auto Update and then press ON.
How to update the printer using embedded web server?
- Open the embedded web server (EWS).
- Navigate to the Web Services tab.
- Click on Product Update in the Web Services Settings. Tap on Check Now and follow the prompts.
- If you do not see the product update option, do the following.
- Go to the Web Services Settings section to click on Setup. Choose Continue and then follow the on-screen instructions.
- When asked, allow the printer to check for and install printer updates.
OPEN THE HP PRINTER SOFTWARE (WINDOWS)
After installing the HP printer software on your computer or laptop, based on the operating system you use, do one of the following:
- Windows 8: Right click on any empty area on the Start screen. Go to the app bar to select All Apps. From the list of options available, choose your printer.
- Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP: Desktop – – > Start – – > All Programs – – > HP – – > Folder of your printer – – > Icon with printer name.
How to restore the printer to the original factory settings?
- Slide your fingers across the printer’s control panel screen and then tap on Setup.
- Tap on Tools.
- Select Restore Factory Defaults and then click on Yes. (A message box with a message saying that the printer defaults have been restored appears.)
- Tap on OK.
How to restore the printer to original network settings?
- Slide your fingers across the printer’s control panel screen and then tap on Network Setup.
- From the list of options, click on Restore Network Defaults and then choose Yes. (A message box will appear with a message saying that the network defaults have been restored.)
- Select OK.
- Try and print the network configuration page and cross check if the network settings hav been restored.