- 123 HP OJP 8740 Printer WiFi
- 123 HP Printer Setup
- 123 HP All in One Printer
- 123 HP Officejet Pro Wireless Setup
- 123 HP OJP Scan to Computer
PRINT FROM A WIRELESS-CAPABLE COMPUTER
How to print from a wireless-capable computer (Windows)?
- Ensure that the 123 HP Wireless Direct option is switched on.
- Now, the Wi-Fi connection on your printer needs to be switched on.
- From your computer, connect to a new network as you usually do.
- Choose the wireless network you would to connect to. (NOTE: Select the name of your printer which will be listed as Hp-Print-Officejet Pro 8740.)
- When prompted, enter the security code for the network.
- If your printer uses the network through an USB connection, then do the following.
- Based on the operating system you use, do the following,
- Windows 8: Start – – > app bar – – > All Apps – – > Printer Name – – > Utilities.
- Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP: Start – – > All Programs – – > HP – – > Printer Folder.
- Choose Printer Setup & Software and then tap on Connect a new printer.
- Select Wireless option in the Connection Option dialog box. From the list displayed, choose the HP printer software.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
- Print the document that you need to.
How to print from a wireless-capable computer (OS X)?
- Ensure that your HP wireless direct is switched on.
- Switch on AirPort.
- On clicking the AirPort icon, select the HP wireless direct name which is listed as 123 HP-Print-Officejet Pro 8740.)
- Add your HP printer.
- Under the System Preferences section, choose Print & Fax or Print & Scan, depending on the operating system you use.
- Select the + (plus) symbol on the left hand corner where the printers are listed.
- Tap on the printer you want to use and then click Add.
123 HP OJP 8740 – PRINTER MANAGEMENT TOOLS
The maintenance information about the 123 HP printer will be provided by the Toolbox.
How to open the Toolbox?
- Open the 123 HP software on your printer.
- From the list of options available, tap on Maintain Your 123 HP OJP Printer under the Print, Scan & Fax section.
HP Utility (OS X)
This option contains certain tools that will help you configure print settings, calibrate your printer, order supplies online and fine any support information.
How to open HP Utility?
- Go to the Hewlett-Packard folder and then double-click 123 HP Utility which lies in the Application folder.
123 HP OJP 8740 – Embedded Web Server
OPEN THE EMBEDDED WEB SERVER
The EWS (embedded web server) can be accessed through any network or Wireless Direct.
How to open the embedded server from a web browser?
- Open the supported web browser on your computer or laptop and then type the IP address or hostname that has been assigned to the printer.
NOTE: If your IP address is 184.108.40.206, then type it as http://220.127.116.11 in the address bar of the web browser you are using.
How to open the embedded web server through wireless direct?
- From the printer’s control panel display screen, select Wireless Direct option.
- If you screen shows that wireless direct is switched off, then switch it on.
- After switching on the wireless connection, connect your printer to the wireless direct name. If the computer asks for a security code, enter the password when asked.
- Type the address 192.168.1.1 in any supported web browser on your computer or laptop.
123 HP OJP 8740 – PRINTER PROBLEMS
THE PRINTER SHUTS DOWN UNEXPECTEDLY
- Ensure that the printer’s power cord is connected to a working electrical socket.
- Also, check the Schedule On and Off feature which will switch off the printer based on the time you set.
PRINTHEAD ALIGNMENT FAILS
- Double Check if you have used unused plain papers in the output paper tray.
- If colored paper is placed in the input tray, the printhead alignment fails.
- If the printhead fails repeatedly, clean the printhead.
- If the problem is still not resolved, contact the toll free number on our site.
When paper is not picked up from a tray
- Ensure that enough paper is placed in the input tray.
- The paper-width guides should be adjusted to the size of the paper you are loading.
- It is important that the guides should hold the stack of paper and should not be tight.
- The papers in the tray should not be curled.
- Uncurl the paper by twisting it in the opposite direction.
When pages are skewing
- The paper loaded in the tray should be aligned with the paper-guides. If not, reload the paper and adjust the paper width guides.
- Load the paper or envelope to the paper tray only when it is not printed.
- If necessary, remove and replace the duplexer.
When multiple pages are being picked up
- The paper width guides should be adjusted according to the size of the paper you are loaded. The guides should not be tight.
- Your input tray should not be overloaded with paper.
- Use of HP paper will guarantee you optimum performance and efficiency.
When the printer cannot read the memory device
- The memory device you have enters should support the printer.
- It should be fixed into the slot properly.
- Ensure that the switch in the memory device is set in the position so that the content in it can be read.
SOLVING PRINTING PROBLEMS
When the printer is not printing (nothing prints)
- If print jobs are stuck in the print queue, then cancel all the documents in the queue and reboot the computer. Try printing a page after the reboot process is done.
- If your printer switches off during printing, then an alert message should pop up on your computer screen. If it doesn’t, then there is a problem in the HP software that you have installed. Uninstall the software and reinstall it to avoid further problems.
- It is always imperative to check if all the cable connections are secure and tight. If any connection is loose, replace it with a new cable.
- If the blue light on the Wireless icon isn’t blinking, then you need to check your printer’s wireless connection. Try printing a Wireless test Report to diagnose and troubleshoot the problems with your printer.
- Check if the firewall software installed on your computer is hindering the communication between your computer and printer. In that case, disable the firewall temporarily and go ahead with the print job. Switch on the firewall once you have completed printing the pages.
- If your printer is still not responding after performing the above mentioned steps, then, try restarting the computer as well as the printer.
When something on the page is missing or incorrect
- Check the length of the USB cable and the printer location. Sometimes, the high electromagnetic fields generated by the USB, can cause slight distortions and spoil the quality of the printout.
- In that case, move your HP printer away from the electromagnetic field.
- You are recommended to use a cable that is less than 3 meters long to lessen the effects of the electromagnetic field.